Answer key to IS 29.A Public Information Officer Awareness. The perfect public information officer certification to enhance your resume or career portfolio. You can also combine this course with two others to earn a college credit towards your degree. The median salary for a public information officer is near 60,000 a year in most states and between 80,000 and 90,000 a year in higher cost of living states. If you intend to become a Public Information Officer use these FEMA IS 29.A answers to turn a 7 hour course into one that takes 5 minutes. You may also want our FEMA IS 42 Answer Key, FEMA IS 700 Answer Key, and FEMA IS 706 Answer Key.
The Public Information Officer Awareness Course (IS0029) is designed to familiarize participants with the concepts underlying the Public Information Officer role. This course can provide a basic understanding of the Public Information Officer function for those new to the position. Additionally, it can provide those in executive level roles the necessary knowledge of Public Information Officer roles and responsibilities during an emergency.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Define emergency public information and the importance of being proactive. (Unit 1)
- Describe the role and functions of the Public Information Officer. (Unit 2)
- Describe the types of written products used in public information activities. (Unit 3)
- Recall preparation techniques that contribute to a successful media interview. (Unit 3)
- List the steps of the 8-Step Model for Strategic Communications. (Unit 4)
- Given a scenario, apply the 8-Step Model to a public awareness campaign. (Unit 4)
- Apply public information techniques to a 5% scenario. (Unit 5)
This course is designed for new or less experienced state, local, tribal and territorial Public Information Officers or those who have this role as a secondary function.
The participant will benefit from participating in entry-level incident command system training prior to taking this course.