The answer key for IS 42.a Social Media in Emergency Management. Social media is an essential part of daily life for many people. In emergency management, it serves as a critical source of information, and a vital tool for communicating with stakeholders. It is important for emergency managers to effectively use social media to gain situational awareness, engage and build trust with stakeholders, and share important information. Correct FEMA IS 42.A Answers. You may also be interested in our FEMA IS 29 Answer Key, FEMA IS 700 Answer Key, or FEMA IS 706 Answer Key.
The purpose of this course is to provide the participants with best practices including tools, techniques and a basic roadmap to build capabilities in the use of social media technologies in their own emergency management organizations (State, local, Tribal) in order to further their emergency response missions.
- Explain why social media is important for emergency management.
- Describe the major functions and features of common social media sites currently used in emergency management.
- Describe the opportunities and challenges of using social media during the five mission areas of emergency management.
- Describe best practices for using social media during the five mission areas of emergency management.
- Describe the process for building social media capabilities and sustaining the use of social media in emergency management organizations (state, local, tribal, territorial).