The study guide to FEMA IS 244.b Developing and Managing Volunteers. Contains correct FEMA IS 244 Answers and course notes to pass the final exam. This course is designed to strengthen your abilities to prepare for and manage volunteers before, during, and after a severe emergency or major disaster. he United States has a long history of volunteerism. People of all ages and with all types of skills volunteer, and that trend will continue. You may also be interested in our FEMA IS 288.A Answers Guide.
The goal of this course is to strengthen abilities to prepare for and manage volunteers before, during, and after a severe emergency or major disaster. This course will:
- Provide strategies for identifying, recruiting, assigning, training, supervising, and motivating volunteers.
- Include discussion of spontaneous volunteers as well as those affiliated with community-based, faith-based, and nongovernmental organizations (NGOs).
At the completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Identify situations in which volunteers can be a useful addition to response and recovery operations.
- Define skill and knowledge requirements for volunteers.
- Develop a volunteer program that includes strategies for recruiting and managing volunteers within the whole community.
- Develop a plan for setting up a Volunteer Reception Center.
- Identify special issues involving the use of volunteers.
This course is for emergency managers and related professionals working with all types of volunteers and coordinating with voluntary agencies.
FEMA IS 244.B EXAMPLE QUESTIONS
One way to restrict volunteer access from sensitive areas is to:
A. Tell volunteers that being in an area without proper authorization will be cause for arrest.
B. Require volunteers to stay at the VRC until transported to their work areas.
C. Issue unique identification to those having access.
D. Make restrictions clear during the volunteer orientation.
The first step in developing a volunteer program is to:
A. Write an annex to the Emergency Operations Plan.
B. Analyze agency and program needs.
C. Recruit volunteers.
D. Develop job descriptions.
One topic that is unlawful to ask about during an interview is:
A. Job preference.
B. Special physical considerations that might affect job performance.
C. Availability for work.
D. Childcare arrangements.
_____________________ is an excellent source for volunteers with a variety of skills.
A. Business directories
B. Local high schools
D. The local newspaper
Initial implementation of the volunteer program policy should take place:
A. Throughout response and recovery.
B. Immediately following incident occurrence.
C. As soon as a warning is issued that an incident will occur.
D. Before an incident by exercising the viability of the policy.
For a full set of FEMA IS 244.B Answers and course notes, download the guide!